Support the Button Campaign!
A great small faculty makes a great small
Have you seen this button popping up around campus? Are
you wondering what it stands for?
The UPEI Faculty Association is currently negotiating
its first collective agreement with the university administration.
In effect, the Faculty Handbook will be completely re-written.
Now is the time to establish a good foundation for our future.
This button signifies that:
• A university is first a community of scholars;
• Our work at UPEI is as valuable as that done at
other Atlantic Canada universities;
• UPEI faculty and academic staff expect fair remuneration
for their work;
• Academic freedom for our faculty must be protected;
• Maintaining excellent programs requires an investment
in quality working conditions for faculty and academic
We deserve an equitable agreement that brings us parity
with other Atlantic Canada faculties!
WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!
WE ARE BUILDING OUR FUTURE NOW !
To get yours, contact the Faculty Association Office (0438)
or speak to your UPEIFAcommunication representative who
will be coming to see you soon.